any kind of damage multiplier command does not work

MrGrouge

I tried to make some characters a little bit more enjoyable by adding some damage tweaks, but soon realized that any damage multiplier command does not work. For two days I tried to find out the issue and asked for help. Unfortunately, no one replied so the issue has been left for me to decide without any help. Then I thought if the problem was not me but the game itself, so I downloaded several character mods which include some kind of damage multiplier in them. As an example, Charlie mod. One of her perks is that she gets stronger at night or dusk. After testing the damage, it stayed the same no matter the time segment. Am I the only one that has the same problem or others too? 

It is because the SW/HAM DLC make that differently. Take Wendy as an example:

inst.components.combat:AddDamageModifier("wendy", TUNING.WENDY_DAMAGE_MULT)

This is not applicable to more complicated situations, which must be modified in modmain with the following example:

local function Combat(self)
	local oldCalcDamage = self.CalcDamage

self.CalcDamage = function(self, target, weapon, multiplier, ...)
	        local mult = multiplier or 1

--Put your code into this
			if multiplier < 0 then multiplier = 0 end

return oldCalcDamage(self, target, weapon, multiplier, ...)
	end
end

AddComponentPostInit("combat", Combat)

On 6/27/2022 at 6:43 PM, MrGrouge said:

I tried to make some characters a little bit more enjoyable by adding some damage tweaks, but soon realized that any damage multiplier command does not work. For two days I tried to find out the issue and asked for help. Unfortunately, no one replied so the issue has been left for me to decide without any help. Then I thought if the problem was not me but the game itself, so I downloaded several character mods which include some kind of damage multiplier in them. As an example, Charlie mod. One of her perks is that she gets stronger at night or dusk. After testing the damage, it stayed the same no matter the time segment. Am I the only one that has the same problem or others too? 

Are you using inst.components.combat.damagemultiplier=(multiplier)

Archived