Magnet Ocean Trawler

Just like how sails can have attachments like lightning rods and lanterns, wouldn't it make sense to use the new magnet feature for boats on Ocean Trawlers? Ocean Trawlers are stationary and cannot be moved easily. I'm imagining leaving to go ocean fishing with some ocean trawlers trailing behind. It would make the Ocean Trawler more fun, interactive, and realistic to use, but I can understand balance concerns. 

I don’t have access to beta but I saw streamers.

Could you have 3 boats: 1 leader with 2 followers so the ocean trawler would be trapped between them?

The followers would have 1 magnet each at the exact center. The leader is your main boat with the magnet beacons. The followers should stay grouped and if you put Ocean trawler in the middle of this triangle, it would be pushed by the 2 followers.

1 minute ago, SuperDonuts said:

I don’t have access to beta but I saw streamers.

Could you have 3 boats: 1 leader with 2 followers so the ocean trawler would be trapped between them?

The followers would have 1 magnet each at the exact center. The leader is your main boat with the magnet beacons. The followers should stay grouped and if you put Ocean trawler in the middle of this triangle, it would be pushed by the 2 followers.

This is an interesting Idea. I do think adding functionality for ocean trawlers would be nicer, but I am certainly going to try this.

18 minutes ago, SuperDonuts said:

Please let me know if it works :)

Just tested and they can't be pushed with a boat lol. They are a structure and can't be moved (Which I think should maybe be changed?).

Archived