Which mod is causing this crash??? (Solved)

It may be this mod
workshop-173892495
"Better Console"

See line 38830.

There are also thousands of warning from this mod:
workshop-1669314201
"UI Overhaul"

[00:15:58]: WARNING! Could not find region 'OUTOFSPACE' from atlas '../mods/workshop-1669314201/images/ui.xml'. Is the region specified in the atlas?
[00:15:58]: ../mods/workshop-1669314201/images/ui.xml

I'd disable "Better Console" first then the "UI Overhaul".

I'll try removing "better console" first.
Thanks!

Also, some more context on this issue... it's happening when I try to place a science machine
Update: It is neither. I disabled both ui mods and :better console" I even tried generating a new world..
No change.

log.txt

I see this:

[00:07:18]: scripts/widgets/craftslot.lua(75,1) JAMES_DEBUG: Craft Slot On Control Recipe = researchlab Test Index = 2    
[00:07:22]: ...ommon/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafttabs.lua:497: attempt to compare two nil values
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafttabs.lua:497 in () ? (Lua) <492-498>

I think something is modifying crafttabs.lua ... I'd use Notepad++ to search for "JAMES_DEBUG" string for all ".lua" files under "C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/". That would find the mod that prints out "JAMES_DEBUG".

NotepadPlusPlus_FindInFiles.jpg

Edit: I think the crafttabs.lua itself was modified by hand. Mods can't physically add new lines to files.
My crafttabs.lua only has 409 lines while yours seems to be more than 497.
Do a "Verify integrity of game files..." (go to Steam, Library, find "Don't Starve", right click it, choose Properties, then go to "Local Files" tab).

If that doesn't work I'd uninstall and reinstall (make backup of mods first).

If you don't want to do that then I'd disable all mods and see if it's still happening. Then re-enable one mod at a time.

6 hours ago, SenL said:

Edit: I think the crafttabs.lua itself was modified by hand. Mods can't physically add new lines to files.
My crafttabs.lua only has 409 lines while yours seems to be more than 497.

I don't know what could have. I've never messed with the scripts... Hell, I don't even really know how.  I'm the only one who uses this pc besides my friend... and that was months ago. I didn't have Don't starve installed then.

There's apparently no "JAMES_DEBUG" in any of the files. I checked twice.

Spoiler

image.png.edc62ea5573821e3d8be3f9cca786ff3.png

However, after doing verify integrity, this happened:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.c0c7e21eb8dd5334aacd20f6ac03a348.png

So this might help. Fingers crossed.  

OK it may not be literal string "JAMES_DEBUG" in the lua file.

Can you open up that file?

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafttabs.lua

Then go to line 497

But you already did re-verify the integrity so it's probably gone by now.

2 hours ago, SenL said:

OK it may not be literal string "JAMES_DEBUG" in the lua file.

Can you open up that file?

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafttabs.lua

Then go to line 497

But you already did re-verify the integrity so it's probably gone by now.

Well I got the science machine to craft without crashing! Verifying the integrity of the files must've worked!

Although I could've sworn I tried that before making this post... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, there is no line 497 in crafting tabs.lua anymore.

Archived