This new update hasn't gone well.

Guys you've made the game near unplayable currently... Can't get anything done in woods or base due to the click through in menus, combining items like sewing impossible due to the same issue, in general it's making for a bit of a mess.

Please fix this.

Hi there,

Can you please explain further what the issue you're having is, what device you're using, and what control setting you are using (controller, mouse/keyboard, virtual stick)? I don't have any issues using a sewing kit when I drag it over the item in need of repair, then press "Sew", so I'd like to understand what's going on better.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, acriter said:

Hi there,

Can you please explain further what the issue you're having is, what device you're using, and what control setting you are using (controller, mouse/keyboard, virtual stick)? I don't have any issues using a sewing kit when I drag it over the item in need of repair, then press "Sew", so I'd like to understand what's going on better.

Thanks!

I'm using a Samsung galaxy z fold 3 with virtual stick, the video below demonstrates the issue quite well I think although in a situation where it doesn't cause as big an issue, you can imagine how bad it would be in a cluttered base or in dense woods.

Thank you for the additional information Amh. We are looking into this with our mobile porting partner - we really appreciate you taking the time to share your findings with us. 

i know that the touch screen controls will make the game different than with a controller but on android this update allowed the old bell to target giants properly. i used one up trying to kill a deerclops and it missed. the steps were in front and behind him before the update. right before. i played this on pc back when it was in early access and through to final build for reign of giants i recall the old bell getting messed up at some point and it was just fro clearing forests after that.

bought a android device meant for emulation but only use it for android games on googleplay . picked up dont starve pocket edition. its nice to be able to kill a giant with it when glomers statue is right next to pig king and all the stupid pigs turn into werepigs and its a hassle to get glomer and the flower before he dies off screen because i dont know the exact day it will be full moon and there is a pig house right next to it and he spawns in the middle of 4

I have same issue as Amh.  Im playing on Galaxy Note20 using virtual stick. Since update: 

• i can't use the drop down menu in crowded areas- I just died trying to add fuel to my fire pit

• Adding items to crock pot is hit or miss, it takes multiple tries

• swapping items in storage is difficult now. Impossible in crowded area, but otherwise it requires user to precisely place the item on an empty slot

Please fix 

Archived