Maxwell Rework Suggestion

I hope Maxwell's rework is next! I'm also hoping that the rework will include more controllability with his Shadow Puppets, and a new DST short that dives deeper into the lore, more than the lore behind every other DST short! 

NEW PERKS & QUIRKS DESCRIPTION

*Is frail, but dapper
*Possesses the Codex Umbra
*...that involves the secrets of the shadows
*Can split himself into puppets who mimic his every move

Starts with: Codex Umbra, 4 Nightmare Fuel

CHANGED STATS + NEW PERKS

125        200    100
hunger  sanity  health

Knows how to craft three "Magic" items through the Codex Umbra
- Nightmare Amulet
- Dark Sword
- Night Armor

Shadow creatures are not hostile towards Maxwell during the day even if he's insane, normal hostility during dusk, and normal hostility + have a chance to become hostile towards Maxwell during the night even if he's sane

25% more damage dealt to Shadow creatures

CODEX UMBRA CHANGES

Can be equipped, 100% durability
- Cast Shadow Puppets by right clicking, at the cost of 25% permanent sanity, loss of 10 health, and loss of 5% effectiveness + damage dealt for each Shadow Puppet spawned (regain stats back for each Shadow Puppet lost, summon up to three puppets)
- Loses 10% durability for each cast, can be refueled for 20% durability via 1 Nightmare Fuel (breaks upon reaching 0%, plays a unique animation when refueling it)
- Plays the animation when reading a Wickerbottom book

Hovering your cursor above an enemy allows you to summon "Shadow Hands" (or alternatively, can be Mr. Skitts)  from the corners of your screen, which trap the target for a short period of time. The trap time depends on the amount of sanity you have, the lower, the slightly longer it will be. This ability drains 15 sanity and 10% of the Codex Umbra's durability (also plays the reading animation when used)

When dropped, it can be read in order to craft the three "Magic" items listed above, only available to Maxwell however

SHADOW PUPPET CHANGES

New stats: 75 health, 50% damage reduction

Behaviors: Equips tools that you equip, limited to only Axe, Shovel, and Pickaxe. Also include gold/luxury, glass, etc. type of tools. If equipping any weapon, your Shadow Puppets will equip Dark Swords, dealing 30 damage each. Will equip nothing if you are equipping nothing, or equipping a tool not listed (e.g. Pitchfork).

Shadow Puppets will still follow you and perform actions near you

On 5/17/2022 at 6:31 PM, Nootashi said:

Shadow creatures are not hostile towards Maxwell during the day even if he's insane, normal hostility during dusk, and normal hostility + have a chance to become hostile towards Maxwell during the night even if he's sane

25% more damage dealt to Shadow creatures

This would make his existence quite miserable having to fight nightmare creatures every single night, basically making you a fight slave and not being able to complete anything else. I strongly disagree with these particular changes, I think his current sanity related perks: being able to stay sane when he wants to (through sanity regen) and lock himself in insanity are much better suited for him. You have at least options.

The rest of the changes are alright. Recezib's rework made these changes, if you want to try them out on a mod.

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

This would make his existence quite miserable having to fight nightmare creatures every single night, basically making you a fight slave and not being able to complete anything else. I strongly disagree with these particular changes, I think his current sanity related perks: being able to stay sane when he wants to (through sanity regen) and lock himself in insanity are much better suited for him. You have at least options.

The rest of the changes are alright. Recezib's rework made these changes, if you want to try them out on a mod.

Sorry about the disagreement of the perk, I just wanted to make a unique perk for Maxwell that connected to the lore of DST, or Charlie. Charlie has two sides, one is a normal/nicer side, while the other is the dark/evil side. During the day, Charlie recognizes Maxwell and keeps her bodyguards a.k.a shadow creatures from hurting Maxwell. The dusk represents a neutral side, and then in the night, Charlie becomes hostile and can even attack you during the dark. Maxwell also deals a quarter more damage to shadow creatures so it shouldn't be too big of a hassle to do things during the night. Plus, they have a chance to become hostile, and only appear when your sanity is at a certain point. Usually only one crawler would spawn when you're close to being insane.

Archived