Help I want to make my first mod

So, how do I even start making a mod, I looked at some tutorials on youtube but I think i don't understand them. I saw the notepad "MAKE_MODS" in game files and I got here, so I'm asking for help cuz I want to make something basic, like, anything, maybe 2x demage when hunger is from 150-100 1x demage when hunger is from 100 - 50 and 0.75 demage when hunger is under 50. Something like old wolfgang mechanics, but let me introduce you whole plan

Name : Warren

150 - 100 hunger = 2x dmg
100 - 50 hunger = 1x dmg
50 - 0 hunger 0.75x dmg

Hunger drain - 1.5x

Health drain - 0.75x

Sanity drain - 1x

HP - 120

Hunger - 150

Sanity -120

Addons :

Food gives you +5% hunger

Food gives you -5% sanity

Healing salve etc. gives him less hp by 10% (20 - 10% = 18)

Food gives you +10% health

Overheats faster by 50%

Freezes slower by 50%

Edited by Dedek08
I haven't put whole plan here

I recommend you to start with pirating other mods. I found it very useful when I started to creat my first mod (and also my first coding project) a few days ago. You can also try to find the "scripts" folder of Don't Starve and pirate more stuff from Klei. For example if you want to pirate Wolfgang, go into the "scripts" folder, find the file "wolfgang.lua", and enjoy pirating.

Also, buy a few layers if you want to publish the pirated stuff to the public.

On 5/21/2022 at 12:06 PM, Froggomancer said:

I recommend you to start with pirating other mods. I found it very useful when I started to creat my first mod (and also my first coding project) a few days ago. You can also try to find the "scripts" folder of Don't Starve and pirate more stuff from Klei. For example if you want to pirate Wolfgang, go into the "scripts" folder, find the file "wolfgang.lua", and enjoy pirating.

Also, buy a few layers if you want to publish the pirated stuff to the public.

Thanks