Bug: bind_ip not respected in server.ini

When testing on Linux, I'm unable to affect the UDP listen address using the bind_ip option under [shard] configuration. The -bind_ip CLI argument works as expected.

To test, create a cluster with at least one shard. Try and set the bind_ip in the secondary shard's [shard] config to something like 127.0.10.1. Observe with `ss -ul` that the shard is listening on all IPs (0.0.0.0).

If I had to guess at the issue, the bind_ip CLI argument defaults to 0.0.0.0 and is overriding the config file even though no CLI argument was actually provided.

bind_ip

• Overridable in server.ini
  • Default: 127.0.0.1
  • Required: If shard_enabled = true and is_master = true
  • This is the network address the master server will listen on for other shard servers to connect to. Set this to 127.0.0.1 if all of your servers in your cluster are on the same machine, or 0.0.0.0 if the servers in your cluster are on different machines. This only needs to be set for the master server, either in cluster.ini, or the master server's server.ini.

My reproduction instructions leveraged the alleged "overridable in server.ini" bullet. The data I reported was that this value was ignored, and only specifying via the command line had the desired effect (whereas the bind-ip in server.ini _should_ be respected).

Archived