Option to manually reset a mods config options when updating, please!

A lot of the times my team will make changes, or disable some features by default in our config settings (like when the Ancient Guardian changes from beta went live, and conflicted with our stuff).

A problem arises when, now, even if we set the default to false, anyone who already was using the mod won't have that setting updated to reflect our changes.

Right now people are getting frustrated because the feature is broken, and unless we outright remove it completely, we can't do anything to fix this, other than ping like 70k people to manually reset their settings.

4 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

You can just rename the configuration option, (that is the internal key, not the strings), and then all users will have it reset to default.

This can become difficult when having a large project where configs can impact many different components and prefabs, etc, and for dedicated users (as I understand it), certain settings need to be manually added to the dedicated server settings.

So if we went the route of renaming the option, then from my understanding that would mean every dedicated server would need to be aware of the change, and would need to update their settings anyways.

Regardless, I will use your suggestion for now, as its critical to making things work.

Thank you Zark!

Archived