Unable to start world after rolling back

Our dedicated server broke after we rolled back and would not restart. There are a couple lines in the server log (when I attempted to restart the server) that seems suspicious, the first one is the last couple lines in the cave's server_log before exiting

Orphaned unnamed resource. This resource must have used Add( resource ) to insert itself into the manager.

The second is from the master's server_log. when starting up

Could not find anim [FROMNUM] in bank [eyeofterror]

I'll attach both the server logs. Google says it's a mod issue, but all we have is Global position(378160973), display attack range(2078243581), item info(836583293), chinese translation(1301033176) and extra equipslot(375850593), so none of them should have added new items, and it was mid-session, so no mods were added/removed. We've rolled back many times in the same session without any issue, even had one rollback 5 to 10 minutes before the server crashes. Does anyone have any idea what's wrong, and how I may fix this? Many thanksserver_log.txtserver_log(cave).txt

In your caves log file, which is actually the Master shard file (you swapped around the names) it says

[00:00:33]: Parent process is dead, exiting...

That usually happens if you close the shell session or whatever you are using to start the server without having a deamon to keep it running.

The cave Shard just tries to reconnect, when it couldn't connect to the master.

@Daniel86268 Thanks for the reply! Sorry for the confusion, though I do believe my two logs are named correctly, as the caves' log says it's secondary and is looking to connect with the master. Regardless, I tried running it separately now using

./dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -cluster MyDedicatedServer -shard Master

and it does seem like the Master server is the one with problem. Here's the server_log when I try to run the master server alone. server_log.txt

Right after Reset() returning, it gets a seg fault, which is I think what kills the script that I use to run the servers, and therefore killing the process, giving that line and making the Caves shard exit

EDIT: I disabled all the mods, and run the master shard, but again with no luck, here's what from what I use to start the shard to how it ends. server_log.txt I don't know if this affects things, but I should mention I'm running it on GCP's compute engine. Without the mods, the only thing that looks sketchy in the log is

Could not find anim [FROMNUM] in bank [eyeofterror]

For anyone who stumbles upon this post in the future, this seems to be a linux issue, so I fixed it by downloading the world, running it on my windows machine, saving the world, then reuploading it back to cloud. This has so far fixed the issue.

Archived