Apothecary recipes

I would like to know more about the last 2 apothecary recipes for the special disease cure building that look like syringes.

1. For the medical syringe used to cure zombie spores from the zombie spore plant found in the fossil energy biome. Why does it cost an egg of a sun nymph morph of the shine nymph? Why not consume a different material aside the steel that it normally consumes? A material such as phosphorite which is what those flying light shining bug eat?

2. There is the intermediate rad dose introduced and only available in sandbox mode and have no idea of recipe. Why this item is not properly coded in the game and what would be the recipe and why is it not done when the spaced out dlc exit from early access?

So the zombie spores disease is pretty severe but also rare to encounter as it only survives in unbreathable gasses and 9 times out of 10 you`ll be using atmo suits when ntereing that area anyway so it`s a non issue most of the time (we discussed a lot of ways to make it more relevant). Seems that by design it is supposed to be a dangerous disease that is hard to cure and requires you to ranch a specific morph of shinebugs (originally it reqired tungsten instead of steel but tungsten isn`t availalbe on every world). I think it`s cool that it requires a hard to get cure but not cool that it hits so hard when encountered and has like a 0.1% chance to even infect anyone unless you plant a sporehid in your great hall.

I`m not sure about the intermediate rad cure. Radiation sickness is currently the only one that can actually directly kill a dupe so it makes sense it has a high level cure but radiation is easy to avoid and even if a dupe is working in a super hazardous enviroment 2k+ rads/cycle they end up with 40-60 rads at the end of the cycle and on regular difficulty they remove 100 so it was actually never needed especially if we count the seafood bonus and the anti rad pills. I mean.. they upped the intensity of the radiation by a factor of 10 by the end of the beta and it`s still underwhelming. that`s kinda crazy. Maybe in the future they`ll do some more tweaks to it so it actually becomes scary and then add advanced medicine for curing that.

Actually i hope ther will be a rework for the medical stuff making it more relevant as currently you can ignore that stuff altogether. I still need to try a hard mode radiation playthrough on the irradiated forest start. That might warrant some advanced medicine.

Archived