Use Gpu To Improve The Game Experience

The game is so dependent on CPU, and GPU is designed to do a lot of computing instead of CPU, so why not use GPU to do some computing instead of CPU? The CPU only does scheduling, and the iterative update of each component is completed by GPU. Dyson Sphere Program has proved that this idea is feasible. Maybe it does have some reference significance?

You really think that posting any idea will trigger an official reaction?

i mean: look all suggestion, there are very few with any feedback. The idea might look good but the benefits may not worth the effort to implement that.

parallel processing could be good for dst server management, but that’s nothing more than that. And since the map is not entirely loaded, only few screen around the players, so they have already optimize this.

so the benefit would be close to 0.

I looked at Dyson sphere program, the management of the environment looks a million times more complex than the few beefalos and pigs on a dst server. So there were actual good reason to use parallel processing.

21 hours ago, SuperDonuts said:

You really think that posting any idea will trigger an official reaction?

i mean: look all suggestion, there are very few with any feedback. The idea might look good but the benefits may not worth the effort to implement that.

parallel processing could be good for dst server management, but that’s nothing more than that. And since the map is not entirely loaded, only few screen around the players, so they have already optimize this.

so the benefit would be close to 0.

I looked at Dyson sphere program, the management of the environment looks a million times more complex than the few beefalos and pigs on a dst server. So there were actual good reason to use parallel processing.

Yeah, I know you are right. But also we all know that normally no matter how smoothly the first of game beginning, it will be troubled about disfluency. And using GPU to improve it is a great resolution. But this might should be done in the game engine which is written with C and is closed source. So...... We might really cannot do anything but post a suggestion in official forum.

Archived