Monster meat and monster jerky should share stats (for eye/shield feeding)

There’s not much use for drying monster meat.

1. If you have the time and opportunity to dry monster meat then you probably also have the means to get better food
  2. The jerky still harms normal characters a little for just a slight hunger gain
  3. Characters that can eat m. meat without penalty don’t care about the reduced health penalty
  4. M. meat is plentiful; better to wait for a houndwave then to spend time drying that stale m. meat
  5. Cooking often gives m. meat an acceptable freshness

But, however, if monster meat and m. jerky shared stats then monster jerky could be used as a long-spoilage food for the eyemask and the shield of terror.  I think that would be very neat.

this topic is confusing

how does one miss the benefits of monster jerky?

your racks arent going to be filled 24 hours / 24 with something better, so theres no reason to not dry monster meat then.

it lasts ages and is a clear upgrade to raw and cooked

11 minutes ago, Well-met said:

your racks arent going to be filled 24 hours / 24 with something better, so theres no reason to not dry monster meat then.

Sure there is—the time spent putting them on and off the rack could be spent doing something else.  The only real benefit (as argued in the OP) is the spoilage time, and that might be irrelevant if you have some fresh monster meat for your crockpot or if you can freshen them up sufficiently by cooking them.

In my previous world with Wolfgang I almost only used drying racks for kelp (for the sanity).

Archived