I think this has been suggested before, couldn't find the original.

I would love playing on smaller maps for two reasons:

1) The increased challenge

2) Improved performance

The minibase mod from vanilla is awesome. However, this option can be less extreme, varying anywhere from 20% to 50% sized planetoids. I wouldn't even mind if some abysalite borders are broken, as this is for advanced players anyway.

Having more world options do sound like fun!

These kind of worldgen requests seem reccuring, I think people always will want to try something different. In order to keep it up I think ONI should have a more open / configurable worldgen as alternative to balanced ones.

Current worldgen looks good for many players - have balancing is nice indeed. But what about players who don't care if the world is not balanced? What if handling specifically broken, unbalanced worlds is part of the challenge? It seems logical to give more options for that (different sizes, different biome sets and geyer set for each planetoid). No need to keep balancing new types or worlds every now and then - let the players do this.

This might even become a new DLC idea - why not? A world creator that can make custom configured worlds for the main game.

Archived