Late game - Data Bank

Hi !

I just love the game. Late game is a bit boring though. Long researches are actually lasting forever ; I'm just looking at my screen whiteout anything to do. Here's an idea :

- Data Banks should be a limited resource and the last researches needs should be divided by two

- Orbital Data Collection Lab should only work in special space locations like Annihilated Satellite or Sandy Ore Field. Data Banks in these locations should be limited, ex : 50 Data Banks to collect per site

- Data Banks could be also found on other planets by digging deep through Abyssalite layers (need to settle?). For instance a Crushed satellite on the 3rd planet could contain 50 Data Banks and you could find 2 of them on this planetoid.

This way you should be able to rush one technology like a better engine to go further in space and collect more Data Banks for the next step.

The further you go in space and the better the reward could be by hidding special buildings on planetoids.

I had an idea a while ago that each hex in space could only grant a limited amount of data banks after which it would be "charted". Charted space would allow for faster travel. Then space PoIs like satelites and ore fields would need more researtcha nd produce more databanks but once it`s doen they would yeld more resources or drop/reset the artifact and maybe reveal nearby hexes or undiscovered planetoids.

That would give an incentive to travel further to areas you`d normally ignore.

Archived