Problem creating dedicated server

I'm having trouble creating a dedicated server for Don't Starve Together. I've followed the steps in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkGPlQsiXzQ to a T, but every time I try to load my server up I get this error message: "Windows cannot find 'dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer_x64'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Can anybody help me?

Check the paths on your launch script.

Since in the Guide is based on the premise that steamcmd is placed here: c:\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe

make sure that yours is actually placed there, and that you didn't modify the installation path of your DST server. So there has to be a file called

"dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer_x64" inside the folder "c:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin64"

7 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Check the paths on your launch script.

Since in the Guide is based on the premise that steamcmd is placed here: c:\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe

make sure that yours is actually placed there, and that you didn't modify the installation path of your DST server. So there has to be a file called

"dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer_x64" inside the folder "c:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin64"

Um, I don't have c:\steamcmd\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Dedicated Server\bin64. It just goes to c:\steamcmd. there is no steamapps folder. And I don't have a single thing referencing don't starve whatsoever in my steamcmd folder; they are two entirely seperate entities rn. Do you need me to send any folders or file for you to look at?

actually hold on, I'll zip up the steamcmd and don't starve folders and send them through.

Here it is. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/119G7gtgAnAuajAZmQyex8Tibtx7MxylK?usp=sharing

It seems like your DST Server never got downloaded.

Try running the command

c:\steamcmd\steamcmd.exe +login anonymous +app_update 343050 validate +quit

manually from a terminal. This should download the game, or if it doesn't work, tell you what's wrong/why it can't download.

Archived