"Merge Account" concern on the Klei website.

Owlrust

Hello I am currently in the process of trying to merge my steam account and my epic games account together but I have a concern that I wanted to ask about before I go through with anything permanent. How do you know if the accounts you are merging are on the same email? Whenever I go to the /account/merge page all I see are both epic and steam icons, and when I click on them I just get asked whether I'm sure or not. Considering this process is permanent I am very reluctant to do anything hasty, so I just want to make sure. Thank you for your time.

607150122_MergeAccount.thumb.png.690ec491f95c2e82117592adddaf1ea3.png

Hi there, you'll find a step-by-step breakdown of what you'll need to do when merging accounts in our support guide.

Regarding your question, you can check if your Klei accounts for Steam and Epic are using the same email address by logging into your Klei/Steam and Klei/Epic accounts separately, using your Steam and Epic logins and checking https://accounts.klei.com/account/info page for each account to verify that both of the Klei (Steam and Epic) accounts are using the same email address.

(You just need to make sure the email address you put into the Klei Accounts website match. This has to be done because once they are merged there will only be space for a single email address.)

Once you are sure that both accounts use the same email address, please follow the steps in the account merge support guide linked above.

Archived