'Early game' CO2 compressor

Possibly not a new discovery, but I stumbled on a means of compressing CO2 without any technology based on oxylite deposits.

By digging downwards in repeated L shapes (3 down followed by 1 to the right, repeating so dupes can climb), I accidentally stumbled on the fact that the off-gassing oxylite will displace the CO2 further down the 'tunnel' if the oxylite is positioned above the shift to the right. I'm unsure of whether other locations would work, but I just felt it was an interesting discovery. I now wonder if a closed vent (so the oxylite sits behind the vent while other chunks of oxylite sits behind a wall.) conveyor system could be setup from a dense puft ranch to force CO2 into slickster ranches for instance. I think it would need airflow tiles to mimic the tunnel, a small drop of a liquid that the oxylite and vent sits in, but a small enough amount of liquid that the oxylite would still off-gas to mimic the solid oxylite tile.

2021-08-23.png

Archived