Question!

A long time ago I bought a physical copy of DST used. It was supposed to come with hamlet and shipwrecked but didn't and I chalked it up to it being a used game/the previous owner probably used the codes or something. I mainly wanted it fir DST so I didn't think much of it, the rest of the content was just a bonus. 

Fast forward to today, I decided to purchase the 2020 mega pack since it says it comes with all the current DLC and it was on sale (hoping it does for sure since I don't see hamlet/shipwrecked in my downloads despite the bundle stating they're in it, I'm assuming it's within DST).

It required me to delete the disc version of DST in order to download. I just want to know if all of my progress/possessions/save games are safe or, if by deleting the disc version, I just lost everything.

It would suck to lose the save games, but by far I'm most concerned about losing all of my bought/earned account items.

So, update, it looks like everything is good! All of my previous things are safe, including my saved games. So far, so good.

Just waiting for DS to download so I can check that out as I only just realized hamlet/shipwrecked were single player so they're probably included in DS, not DST. Should be anyway. I've never actually had/played DS before so pardon my confusion. 

14 hours ago, Letycs said:

So, update, it looks like everything is good! All of my previous things are safe, including my saved games. So far, so good.

Just waiting for DS to download so I can check that out as I only just realized hamlet/shipwrecked were single player so they're probably included in DS, not DST. Should be anyway. I've never actually had/played DS before so pardon my confusion. 

DS is a single player game, with a story mode (if you can find out how to activate it ;)) And it has Two (or Three) major DLC expansions- Shipwrecked, Hamlet and Reign of Giants. 

Reign of Giants however is included in most “newer” versions of the game for FREE (like on Xbox you can NOT buy the game at all without it including RoG content) AND Reign of Giants is the ONLY DLC so far that was ported to DST..

DST is a 2017ish  Multiplayer SEQUEL to the 2013 single player release Dont Starve. Shipwrecked and Hamlet DLCs are (currently) not compatible with DST but I’m hoping that someday the game at least gets all the playable characters from them.

You absolutely need to own DS Solo to play Hamlet or Shipwrecked they are launched from within the main menu of DS, DST is its own game and isn’t compatible with any of the above.

Lastly- All your skins and belongings etc is stored online on Klei’s data servers so uninstalling your game & reinstalling it will never effect online data unless somehow you delete your profile and create a new one.

There are a lot of differences between DS and DST- the most obvious of those differences is that DST gets a monthly content update adding new characters, reworking existing ones or adding new biomes and mobs & DS Solo is pretty much done & over with.

Hopefully this answers all your questions. :) 

Archived