DST lost my progress, please help!!

I was playing on my world an hour ago and disconnected to go do something for a few minutes, like I usually do when I want to end a session. I came back and the screen was at the choose character page. I was confused why this was so I went back and I disconnected the server, I come back and my 200+ world is now at day 1. Is there anything I can do? Why has this happened? Can it be salvaged at least closer to the 200+ days? What can I do to prevent this for my future games. Thanks in advance for the help. (I did some research and it told me to look into cluster folders, I see my cluster folder of that world has a save file and it is from over a month ago, when I started that world. Will that help?)

On 8/16/2021 at 11:52 AM, niloo600 said:

I was playing on my world an hour ago and disconnected to go do something for a few minutes, like I usually do when I want to end a session. I came back and the screen was at the choose character page. I was confused why this was so I went back and I disconnected the server, I come back and my 200+ world is now at day 1. Is there anything I can do? Why has this happened? Can it be salvaged at least closer to the 200+ days? What can I do to prevent this for my future games. Thanks in advance for the help. (I did some research and it told me to look into cluster folders, I see my cluster folder of that world has a save file and it is from over a month ago, when I started that world. Will that help?)

Seems like you didnt disconnect and your character die, the time before reseting the world ended

The only way to recover your world is to replace the folder for a backup of your world. If you dont have any, im sorry but your world is lost

Since now i recommend you to always make a backup of your worlds

Archived