Player grown Fig trees should grow figs.

As the title says, player grown giant fig trees should grow fig vines. Here is the reasons why.

To even grow a giant tree you have to find Pearl and have a friendship level 1 with her so you can trade her a bottle for a pinchin' winch blue print. You then would have to find the fig tree biome and gather figs and giant nuts. Once you drop your giant nut where you wanted to be, you have to wait 3-4 days until its fully grown or you will waste tree jam.

You then will have to wait for full moon for glommer and harvest his goop. You need 1 glommer goop and 2 figs to create 1 tree jam, you need 4 goop and 8 figs in total to create 4 tree jams that are required to grow giant trees. The whole process to turn the fig tree giant takes 15-18 days.

All of this work for only a small area of wildfire protection is not worth it. You should atleast be rewarded with a semi permanent food source from figs.

Allowing the players to grow figs encourages players to make bases in the ocean aswell. Since they can use figs as a source of food like berries when seafaring.

Figs being able to be farmable also makes the fig related dishes used much more than just a one time thing. Considering how lack luster some of the dishes are, i dont think players would want to go out to get figs than just to make meat balls.

(This post probably doesn't have the best writing, but i hope i got my point acrossed lol.)

Archived