Skilled Dupe Scrubbing

Duplicants that have a "Skilled: " attribute have their skills removed upon going into the skill scrubber. While this might be one of those "it's a feature, not a bug" things, I think that they should really retain this. I had a dupe with "Skilled: Mechatronics Engineer", which was fantastic, as I didn't need to buy up all the prerequisites, but after scrubbing him (to reset his other traits) I realized that he no longer had Mechatronics Engineering, and that if I wanted it again I was going to have to get all the carrying and operating skills.

What do you guys think?

If this behaviour is intended it really needs some sort of warning.

And i mean a warning other than reading the specific fine print of all relevant items and determining that technically, this behaviour indeed follows within the letter of the given rules.

Personally i expect the skill scrubber to revert the skills to the state they came out of the printing pod. Certainly not a strictly worse state. If that's the case then you need to worry precisely about what skills you give those dupes because it can never be undone, which goes against the very purpose of the skill scrubber letting you undo bad or unintended dupe skill choices.

Archived