Keyboard Modifiers

Holding down shift and clicking on something should open the overlay for that thing, like clicking on a pipe should open the pipe overlay when shift-clicking it, you can do this now by copying an item but it would be neater if you could do it without copying anything.

When using tools like the digging tool you get priority options, allowing the mouse to quickly scroll between them would make using it just that bit faster and more user friendly, holding ctrl and mousewheel up/down to increase/decrease the current priority on the dig tool and tools like it.

For tools like the deconstruct tool and others that have filters available, allowing to hold alt down + mousewheel up/down to cycle between the different options.

also about deconstruct, it would be nice to override "x" button for case, when you select building. It would be much more user friendly, if selected building would be set/unset for deconstruct errand. For sandbox mode it would be even "destroyed" immediately.

For an example, I have ladder, gas, liquid pipe, automation wire and so on in one tile. I want to deconstruct ladder, so I just click on it, then press "x", and ladder marked as "deconstruct"

Archived