Decompiling SWAP anims

Try the method I wrote in this post, and once the single frames are extracted, you can open the .TEX itself in TEXTool and use an image editing program to separate and save the clean parts into their own frames, using the "bad" exports as animation reference.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Garamonde
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Garamonde said:

Try the method I wrote in this post, and once the single frames are extracted, you can open the .TEX itself in TEXTool and use an image editing program to separate and save the clean parts into their own frames, using the "bad" exports as animation reference.

Hope that helps!

yes but what anim.bin do I use if the swap anims dont have one?

Sorry, I forgot to actually provide that information. >>

In my experience, virtually any .ANIM file (at least related to the player) should work, but the one I tested just now is from the "player_idles" folder. Although as I mentioned in that post, the sprites will come out blurry and unusable because I don't know if there is a "correct" .ANIM file to use with those, but also like I mentioned, they can at least be used as a guide to pick the clean frames out of the raw .TEX extract from TEXTool and save them in the right animation order.

I hope that makes sense. ^^;

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Garamonde said:

Sorry, I forgot to actually provide that information. >>

In my experience, virtually any .ANIM file (at least related to the player) should work, but the one I tested just now is from the "player_idles" folder. Although as I mentioned in that post, the sprites will come out blurry and unusable because I don't know if there is a "correct" .ANIM file to use with those, but also like I mentioned, they can at least be used as a guide to pick the clean frames out of the raw .TEX extract from TEXTool and save them in the right animation order.

I hope that makes sense. ^^;

I have seen this method before but i dont think it necessarily requires decompiling anything since you can just use TEXtool to convert the atlas to png and the build renamer to rename the build to whatever you want. Does Klei provide us with any non jury-rigged ways to properly decompile swap anims? I have tried combining a the atlas and build of a swap animation for the hand with the anim.bin from player_idles and when I try to recompile it my autocompiler refuses and tells me it's missing an "animation.xml" in a "temp" folder in mod tools.

I really appreciate youre help I just think it is very annoying having to jump through a bunch of hoops to properly compile and decompile tools and whatnot.

• Like 1