Stategraph Dependency?

Hello

For my character I edited a part of SGWilson.lua and copied the file and then put it in my mod.

EventHandler("knockback", function(inst, data)
        if not (inst.components.health:IsDead() or inst:HasTag("wereplayer") or inst:HasTag("buffed")) then
            if inst.sg:HasStateTag("parrying") then
                inst.sg.statemem.parrying = true
                inst.sg:GoToState("parry_knockback", {
                    timeleft =
                        (inst.sg.statemem.task ~= nil and GetTaskRemaining(inst.sg.statemem.task)) or
                        (inst.sg.statemem.timeleft ~= nil and math.max(0, inst.sg.statemem.timeleft + inst.sg.statemem.timeleft0 - GetTime())) or
                        inst.sg.statemem.parrytime,
                    knockbackdata = data,
                })
            else
                inst.sg:GoToState((data.forcelanded or inst.components.inventory:ArmorHasTag("heavyarmor") or inst:HasTag("heavybody")) and "knockbacklanded" or "knockback", data)
            end
        end
    end),

The ("buffed") tag is what's new.

The problem is this requires me to remake the file and edit the entry every single time Klei does an update.

My question is how can I remove this dependency on a clone file and instead put that stuff directly in my modmain?

8 hours ago, Monti18 said:

I'm not sure, but I think you can use AddStategraphEvent and enter your event and it will overwrite the one in the SGWilson file.

-- Knockback immunity
AddStategraphEvent("SGwilson", Class
EventHandler("knockback", function(inst, data)
        if not (inst.components.health:IsDead() or inst:HasTag("wereplayer") or inst:HasTag("buffed")) then
                    timeleft =
                        (inst.sg.statemem.timeleft ~= nil and math.max(0, inst.sg.statemem.timeleft + inst.sg.statemem.timeleft0 - GetTime())) or
                    knockbackdata = data,
                })
            else
                inst.sg:GoToState((data.forcelanded or inst.components.inventory:ArmorHasTag("heavyarmor") or inst:HasTag("heavybody")) and "knockbacklanded" or "knockback", data)
            end
        end
end),

Tried this, but as usual something's wrong and it crashes (lua is fun)

-- Knockback immunity
AddStategraphEvent("SGwilson",
GLOBAL.EventHandler("knockback", function(inst, data)
                    timeleft =
                    knockbackdata = data,
                })
            else
            end
        end
end)
)

This works, Class had nothing to do there, as you directly add it to the stategraph class and EventHandler needed the GLOBAL and a ) was missing at the end.

Edited by Monti18
  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, Monti18 said:

-- Knockback immunity
AddStategraphEvent("SGwilson",
                    timeleft =
                    knockbackdata = data,
                })
            else
            end
        end
end)
)

This works, Class had nothing to do there, as you directly add it to the stategraph class and EventHandler needed the GLOBAL and a ) was missing at the end.

It doesn't crash but it also doesn't do the expected effect.

To test this one can c_spawn "propsign" and c_spawn "pigelite1"

If a character has "buffed" then it should be immune to push effects yes that is my goal.

In the base game the only instances for this is in the pig mini-game or the Forge, but mods like Uncompromising Mode make much use of knockback.

I see no reason your code shouldnt work (yes my character has "buffed") so this is really weird

Ah ok I see!

I see the error, I completely overlooked it before, you need to add the stategraph event to wilson and not SGwilson. So the working code is

AddStategraphEvent("wilson",
                    timeleft =
                    knockbackdata = data,
                })
            else
            end
        end
end)
)

I just checked it and I didn't get knocked back.

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1