Steam Cloud Issues

Hey! I've just gotten into this game, and I've been enjoying it a ton, but there's been some weird stuff going on with Steam Cloud that I'm not sure how to fix. Figured I'd ask here!

I've been playing back and forth between my laptop and desktop, and it seems like that's caused some weird issues. Essentially, whenever I finish a run on one computer and then move to my other PC, all of my progress/unlocks get wiped. As an example, I just finished my first run with Smith successfully (and it's recorded in the run history), but for some reason, my unlock progress has reverted to 0%, and I can't do the next difficulty level up. Has anyone else had issues with this? Is this a steam issue, or is something else going on? Would appreciate the help!

• Developer

Hey there, sorry you're having issues!  I can try to diagnose but will need more info.

Does your progress persist at least on the one computer?  Is there any information at all that seems to be carried across Steam Cloud to your other machine?

One thing that might help us diagnose is: play on one machine, get some progress.  Quit, restart, and ensure the progress has saved on that one machine.  Then load up Griftlands on your other computer -- if it doesn't look like Steam Cloud has downloaded your progress, hit F8 and send us feedback with your name "BlasterPastor" so that we can inspect the logfile for errors.

The progress doesn't seem to persist, unfortunately; it seems to carry the record of the completed run over (which is weird), but then the progress seems to reset to before I had actually done the run. My best guess is that Steam Cloud is uploading the run data, but not the unlock data? The annoying part is that this happens to both PCs; the run will exist, but the unlocks seem to resync to the new PC.

I'm in the process of moving, so I'll keep you posted on giving that a shot once my desktop is unpacked (in the meantime, I hope I don't get my laptop progress wiped). Thanks for the response!

Archived