Help! Process died but no error in server log

Hi all,

I just started hosting DST dedicated server on google vm (OS debian). 

The process started fine however often stopped out of the blue. And there is no error in DST server log

last time stamp of the log:
May 19 03:24 server_log.txt

last line of the log
Registering master server in US lobby

So I turned to /var/log/syslog and here is the "suspicious" part around the time the process "died". Any help appreciated. Thanks so much for your time!!!

1437369719_ScreenShot2021-05-19at12_26_13AM.thumb.png.b6f904692060b8e47b83d00de2bce9cb.png

My first idea would be that you maybe didn't run the DST Server(s) inside a shell manager/something that allows you to continue running shell processes when the SSH session is closed.

Otherwise check if there's any cleanup daemon running that ends the process in the background.

17 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

My first idea would be that you maybe didn't run the DST Server(s) inside a shell manager/something that allows you to continue running shell processes when the SSH session is closed.

Otherwise check if there's any cleanup daemon running that ends the process in the background.

Thanks for your reply! It makes sense.

Right now I'm testing running the start script with "screen" and will see how it goes. Thanks again!

Archived