Modded characters do not form social relationships? [Resolved?]

I've had a couple of issues now where, despite having loved grafts and hated grafts in the Compendium and everything else seeming to work right, characters that originate in mods don't register social events - not Love, not Hate, not even that you've met.

Take this boss version of Rook, for instance, a character def created by a file in my mod. Despite us clearly meeting and talking, there is absolutely no social connection aspect to the agent, just health and morale. The character portrait in the corner doesn't even indicate that he's neutral to me. Other brand-new character defs I've tried to add, since deleted, also ran into this problem, and up until now I assumed it was a mistake on my end. But looking at other files that use Content.AddCharacterDef, I haven't been able to tell what I'm missing that might cause this. So now I'm wondering: Is there an issue that prevents modded characters from gaining a social connection aspect?

20210426153610_1.jpg

25 minutes ago, RageLeague said:

You probably forgot to inherit the base def for your modded characters. All characters inheriting the NPC_BASE has a social connections aspect. My modded characters work fine.

Weirdly, setting base_def = "NPC_BASE" didn't resolve the problem, but manually adding aspects = { social_connections = true,} to the def did.

Archived