Cross planetoid Tightbeam automation buildings

There's currently lots of talking about automating rocket behavior such as deliveries. While I haven't delved much into complex automation itself, I can see the appeal, and I think the following simple buildings would go a long way in facilitating this:

Tightbeam transmitter

A building of debatable size and cost (1x3 and 200 refined metal and 240 watts for example) that needs clear view of the sky like the Telescope. Has an automation input, and can send this input it receives to a vacant Tightbeam receiver on another planetoid.

Tightbeam receiver

A building of debatable size and cost (1x3 and 200 refined metal and 240 watts for example) that needs clear view of the sky like the Telescope. Has an automation output, and can receive this output from one Tightbeam transmitter on another planetoid.

Interface wise, both of these buildings can be paired up by simply clicking one and assigning it the other. Since asteroid rotation is not a significant game mechanic other than the day/night cycle, we'll assume that they don't need to be facing each other since that would needlessly complicate things.

A 4 bit variant can also be a thing:

Tightbeam multi-transmiter

A building of debatable size and cost (2x3 and 400 refined metal and 480 watts for example) that needs clear view of the sky like the Telescope. Has an automation input that can receive an automation Ribbon, and can send this input it receives to a vacant Tightbeam multi-receiver on another planetoid.

Tightbeam multi-receiver

A building of debatable size and cost (2x3 and 400 refined metal and 480 watts for example) that needs clear view of the sky like the Telescope. Has an automation output that can output the automation Ribbon, and can receive this output from one Tightbeam multi-transmitter on another planetoid.

Additionally, a nifty red/green laser shooting out into the sky at a constant or blinking intervals would be a nice animation for this.

Archived