Help With Updating A Mod

Hello !
i've never tried to mod in dst but i found this mod that i really liked but unfortunately the author probably deleted their acc and all what was left of the mod is the file that i already subscribed to
i wanted to re-upload the mod and make it hidden (to use it alone since i don't have the permission to share it at all
but whenever my friends tries to join the world it keeps giving them a message saying that the mod requires an update and i have no idea how to do that
so if anyone can help me update the modinfo file or smth i'd be very very grateful 

modinfo.lua modmain.lua modworldgenmain.lua

Edited by Eneko

you just need to make sure that all players have the same version.
So either send them the files directly (without steam) or make sure all of them are your steam friends, so they can download the hidden mod (edit: thought "hidden" already means "friends only").
And make sure that the version on your PC matches the version you uploaded to steam/gave your friends.

Edited by Serpens

Instead of uploading as hidden, you could upload mod as friends-only in workshop to use together with friends, without sending mod files to them.

and thank you for using hidden/friends-only to upload mods. seriously i never seen someone uploading private mods in hidden(because it is hidden lol).

19 hours ago, Serpens said:

you just need to make sure that all players have the same version.
So either send them the files directly (without steam) or make sure all of them are your steam friends, so they can download the hidden mod (edit: thought "hidden" already means "friends only").
And make sure that the version on your PC matches the version you uploaded to steam/gave your friends.

thank you very much for letting me know, i just tried it and it worked just fine !, appreciate it

18 hours ago, Combustiblemon said:

Instead of uploading as hidden, you could upload mod as friends-only in workshop to use together with friends, without sending mod files to them.

and thank you for using hidden/friends-only to upload mods. seriously i never seen someone uploading private mods in hidden(because it is hidden lol).

exactly what i did to avoid sending the file to all of my friends, and now our server is back haha, thank uu