ok I'm sure its just me, but trying to get the solid transport items, tech tree now includes two space items, requiring extra research needs, virtual planetarium tree also requires extra research needs i have a telescope set up and working i have the crash whatsit researched but i cannot build any solid transport or virtual planetarium. someone please point me in the right direction before a bat is taken to Meep, (kidding Meep rules)

You have to research and produce plastic. 

Then build the orbital research station inside a rocket and do research while in space. 

This isn't the easiest task:

I recommend a sugar engine rocket, a battery, a gas cargo module with o2, a solid oxidizer module,  snd the solo space farer.

This should get you started. The station requires plastic to build and eats plastic for research points.

Internal layouts for this in the solo are rather limited. I'll share mine later, but you'll get the idea... its to have power in the solo.

@perkifish,

529220401_20210314194130_1(2).thumb.jpg.0dfab9198c7abed9b50c23090e03b653.jpg

1967275988_20210314194042_1(2).thumb.jpg.b82c280c37a19f8bd45f7408b71be386.jpg

The sweep only compactor is to get supplies into the solo ( like plastic ). I'll replace it with a ration box and do the same. I'll just drop the stuff on the floor and build the orbital research station in the 2x3 space where the compactor is now. I have an atmo sensor for the gas vent. Aad a cycle sensor for the light bulb - because why not. I have a battery on board since I don't know how power distribution works between a sugar engine and a batter on board ( because it certainly didn't charge itself, but here, I have some means to see power usage at least. ( pretty sure the engine doesn't generate power until it takes off and is in orbit ) so the battery is charged via a solar panel while on the landing pad..

All my pilots are iron guts, they clean up on their way back into the base via a hand sanitizing station. All the germs die off between trips, the outhouse won't get used much. The mess table is usable with the ladder over it, so this is how I have been doing my mess tables.

I'm hoping the light increases research speed. Possibly pooping speed, but I don't know yet.

232433347_20210314195423_1(2).thumb.jpg.96d22c8e1b9bfd07961c4a006802d850.jpg

Pilot will have to sleep on the floor.

that's alot of effort, just put in an algae terrarium, let it build up at least 10kg oxygen, add a hamster wheel a battery and the research station, dump in some plastic and unspoiling food and u are good to go.  you can place a food box/storage and delete them once they have a bit of suplies (muckroot,swampchard,plastic)  to save space if you need to.

Archived