Transition from Twiggy Trees to Sapling

Hello everyone, as far as my research went through the forum, I could not find clear information regarding this topic. Hence I'm posting in the hopes of finding a clear answer.

I wish to transition from Twiggy Tree to Sapling. I don't need to replace the current Twiggy Trees. I want to stop spawning them and instead start generating Sapling.

Could someone provide me with instructions on how to adapt my dedicated server to reflect this change?
Thank you very much in advance.

I don't think this is dedicated server specific, and therefore the wrong subforum. Whatever. Retrofitting a different ressource into your world isn't intended by the game, and therefore there's no normal way to accomplish that, as all those twiggy trees or saplings are placed there during world generation, and usually aren't touched anymore afterwards.

I can imagine however to run a command that deletes all twiggy trees, and replaces them with saplings in their positions... Something like this command might do the trick, though I highly recommend doing a full backup of your world before attempting to use this command, as it is untested, and I just put it together on the fly with only basic command knowledge:

for k,v in pairs(Ents) do if (v.prefab == "twiggy_short" or v.prefab == "twiggy_normal" or v.prefab == "twiggy_tall or v.prefab == "twiggy_old) then local x,y,z = v.Transform:GetWorldPosition(); local b = c_spawn("sapling"); b.Transform:SetPosition(x, y, z); v:Remove() end end

This might ot might not work, and someone with more coding knowledge than me might be able to fix possible errors :D

Hello @Daniel86268, thank you very much for your answer.

Since the world settings are managed differently between self-hosted and dedicated servers, I found it appropriate to post here. I understand that at an higher level it comes down to the same. Apologies for the misplacement.

I was under the impression that with the new world settings, it would be possible to halt twiggy trees' growth and have saplings grow instead. I get it now that it is not possible. Twiggy trees it is.

Archived