Some World Generation Settings are not impactful

I was very excited to see things like Wobster Dens and Anenemies get world generation settings, as well as that setting things to lots will only increase their numbers in their respective biomes. Though, I noticed that some of these don't work.

I've generated multiple worlds with Wobster Dens set to tons now, and they all seem to have the same exact frequency of Wobster dens as worlds with dens set to default. There might be a miniscule difference, but I've literally generated worlds with 29 dens with the setting set to default while generating worlds with 28 dens when it's set to tons.

Case in point, clockworks set to tons:

image.png.de91725c47a50aa317d772c1ab04d3de.png

• Developer
3 minutes ago, Electroely said:

I was very excited to see things like Wobster Dens and Anenemies get world generation settings, as well as that setting things to lots will only increase their numbers in their respective biomes. Though, I noticed that some of these don't work.

I've generated multiple worlds with Wobster Dens set to tons now, and they all seem to have the same exact frequency of Wobster dens as worlds with dens set to default. There might be a miniscule difference, but I've literally generated worlds with 29 dens with the setting set to default while generating worlds with 28 dens when it's set to tons.

Case in point, clockworks set to tons:

image.png.de91725c47a50aa317d772c1ab04d3de.png

Could you list any of the settings you have found that seem to have no effect? It will be helpful in fixing the issue of them not spawning.

32 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

Could you list any of the settings you have found that seem to have no effect? It will be helpful in fixing the issue of them not spawning.

So far, I've had trouble with Wobster Dens, Anenemies and Clockworks.

I think Shoals works, but it doesn't really feel very impactful when set to "tons." considering there's options named "more" and "lots" before it, I hope "tons" can be tuned to be more extreme.

Archived