Regenerating Overworld separately from Caves

You could just delete the individual world files. (Keep the ini and other config files though.) When you start up the server afterwards, you'll have a freshly generated world.

Only Problem you might be running into would be that if the Caves are older it might not connect to a younger overworld, though I'm not sure if that's still a problem, or if Klei secretly fixed that at some point.

2 minutes ago, Daniel86268 said:

You could just delete the individual world files. (Keep the ini and other config files though.) When you start up the server afterwards, you'll have a freshly generated world.

Only Problem you might be running into would be that if the Caves are older it might not connect to a younger overworld, though I'm not sure if that's still a problem, or if Klei secretly fixed that at some point.

Oh. Which are those? And can you point a location of character save files? It seems i can't figure out which files are for characters to safely transfer master from Forest to Caves and don't get wiped players otherwise it's all in vain. =/

The general save location is in your cluster folder:

[...]/Your_cluster/Master/save/
[...]/Your_cluster/Caves/save/

And the Client saves should be in the session folder inside the save folder.

Do a quick backup of your entire save before deleting everything tho, just in case that I'm wrong. ;)

Archived