PlayStation bug regarding friends going into caves

Today I was playing in my world that’s 1882 days in with my two friends when all of a sudden they get kicked out of my server and could not join back in due to it saying that my game was on a different version from theirs. Which isn’t true due to me checking the app itself to see if I had the right version and it said I did. I tried restarting my ps5, I tried reconnecting my internet, they tried doing the same thing to no avail. This is incredibly frustrating because we had been playing for 2-3 hours straight with no problems before this occurred! They both said it stemmed from them entering the caves. This seems bonkers and unbelievable due to both of them going into the caves at separate times today before this bug/issue happened. One of my friends was able to join through my invite while the other wasn’t able to. And to make matters worse she decided to go into the caves and it showed the same error code for her! 

This isn’t the first time I’ve encountered a bug-glitch like this because one of my friends experienced this same exact issue on my old world. Seeing as this glitch keeps popping up at the most inopportune times is this issue ever going to get resolved )=. 

417DFAF0-AA69-4871-9BC4-B5F74C3121C7.jpeg

It's probably not the problem here since your friends we're able to go in the caves before, but I do know that the update adding the lunar grotto made some old worlds have their caves bugged for other players. I had it happen to me with 2 different friends, me or anybody else could not enter their caves, world being older than the update in both cases. It doesn't seem to happen for newly generated worlds, nor all the time with older worlds, but when it does happen there does not appear to be any solution. 

Interesting. Well I guess I just have to pray that it doesn’t become a constant thing in the future. This world i created 2 months ago when winters feast was going on if that helps. So it’s not old per say but it wasn’t generated when year of the beefalo went live. 

Archived