Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Omid.R.G

A suggestion for Woodie's goose form

Hey everybody. I've been playing Woodie a lot lately, and I think he is the best character for early game, period. With the goose fodm, you can reveal the whole map, find lunar island and hermit island, in a matter of a few days. He is fast, gets night vision and the ingredient are really cheap. You can smack a couple of spiders, or if you're lucky to find a swamp early on, merms will kill a few tentacles which you can use the meat to craft the idols. But there is a huge problem, and it's related to caves. His goose form would have been amazing to reveal the whole cave map as well, but the caves don't have oceans! So you can't just walk everywhere just like overworld. And, the caves also have a lot more branches, which makes it a lot more tedious to run into a branch, explore the place and run back out and do it 50 more times. So the solution that I'm suggesting, isn't actually adding ocean to the caves (that'd be cool tho). I'm suggesting to give the goose, the ability to actually fly. It's a goose for God sake! He should be able to fly. That way, he could explore both overworld and caves pretty fast. Because to be honest, that's the only use it has. Early game map reveal. In late game, you'll probably have tamed beefalos that can get you anywhere even faster than the goose. You just can't bring beefalos to the caves, which makes the goose form kinda useful in the late game if your overworld base is way too far from ruins base, but still it's no fun to be held back by those stupidly huge branches of cave generation!

So yea, that's about it. 

I like the idea, but there are some problems with it, for example it breaks the point of the Labyrinth and the Atrium, as the player could easily cheese through them.

I was thinking that there could be a timer on how long can Weregoose hold flight in the void before falling but it seemed too punishing if the player died and items were lost.

38 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

I was thinking that there could be a timer on how long can Weregoose hold flight in the void before falling but it seemed too punishing if the player died and items were lost.

Yea they could definitely give him a timer and make the Atrium spawn farther, to also make it inaccessible with lazy explorer or Wortox. And the timer won't be an issue. You'll need 3 seconds at max to get from a branched land to another one.