Resetting all prototypes.

Now I am starting to survive with the goal of constantly moving to a new world. It's more interesting to do this in a shipwreck, as for me, but it's useless. My question is about the way. How can you, upon arrival in the world, drop all studied prototypes and blueprints so that the character is clean and fresh. For each new world to be a new exploration and development?

I don't think you can, not in a normal way.

But hear me out, I might have a solution for you. After you use Teleportato and spawn in the new world, get a random mod from the Workshop, something small, no need to make it complicated. Go to your mods folder in Steam's DS folder, rename the mod folder from numbers to DOOM or some such. Unsubscribe from the mod on Steam. Open some mod file (modmain.lua) or something in scripts, doesn't matter. And then delete something like a bracket ), or a comma, or sabotage it in some other way that will make the game mad quickly. Enable the mod and load your save. Your game will crash and mess up your save BUT it will keep the world counter. So when you open the game again it will say, say, Adventure 3-1. Disable your DOOM mod and load this save slot. It should be broken and generate a new world and a new character keeping only the counter.

If you want more control over when the game crashes (or it crashes on menu or something), get a mod called "Rebalanced Recipes" or "Rebalanced Cookpot" something like that from Steam. It's got Meatballs on the icon. This mod is outdated and it has a bad beefalo.lua file in it which will crash your game when you encounter a beefalo. So just get that mod, load into your new world, spawn a beefalo or find one, crash, disable mod, load save, generate all new world/character.

It *should* work. It *might* work.

And no, I swear, I did cook those green mushrooms before eating. Totally, totally!

Archived