Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Just-guy

Crockpot Recipes Balance

Recommended Posts

Many crockpot dishes are left aside due to their low stats and better alternatives so I suggest a balance to some of these recipe's stats.

  • Buff:
    • Ceviche: 37.5 hunger from 25, and 10 sanity from 5

    • Fish Tacos: 30 health from 20

    • Fruit Medley: 37.5 hunger from 25 and 15 sanity from 5

    • Unagi: 25 hunger from 18.75 and 15 sanity from 5

    • Stuffed Eggplant: 20 health from 8

    • Seafood Gumbo: 75 hunger from 37.5

    • Pumpkin Cookies 20 health from 0

  • Nerf:

    • Fishticks: 20 health from 40, 25 hunger from 37.5 and 15 sanity from 5

    • Pierogi: 30 health from 40

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I applaud the effort, but most of these are not enough, sadly. I've done a massive excel-document, with calculations of what the various gains per food-items are (usually calculated from the most efficient recipes, but also comparisons with less efficient ones), and here are most of the changes I'd suggest (along with some entirely new ideas, but those are not important):

EDIT: In case you don't wanna read my thread, I'll respond to your suggestions:

  • Ceviche - From Wilson's quote it seems this dish is rather meager for hunger, so I'd not buff it's hunger. Rather, I increased Sanity to 33 (from 5), and reduce the fish-value needed from 2 to 1. Then it becomes a noteworthy Sanity-dish.
  • Fish Tacos - I changed the stats heavily, to 12/50/10 health/hunger/sanity (from 20/37,5/5), along with nerfing basic Corn's hunger. This way, it's a highly efficient hunger-item, but that's just my interpretation of it (going the health-route would be fine too, but I feel there's too many health-heavy fish-dishes already)
  • Fruit Medley - I gave it health/hunger/sanity of 30/37,5/33 (from 20/25/5) and it honestly still kinda bad (unless sacrificing the hunger from Durians, or using Cave Bananas).
  • Unagi - I gave it 37,5 hunger and 15 sanity (from 18,75 and 5), but I also buffed Eel by default to be a tad more filling (due to changes I had for Seafood Gumbo)
  • Stuffed Eggplant - I raised its hunger instead, to 50 (from 37,5), along with nerfing Braised Eggplant's healing. They still fulfill different niches (Stuffed for hunger, Braised for healing).
  • Seafood Gumbo - I went even further and changed it up heavily: 30/120/5 healing/hunger/sanity (from 40/37,5/20), but also changed it to allow meatvalue to be equal to fishvalue (while Surf 'n' Turf now NEEDS to have higher meat-value than fishvalue, as is implied). Then it's basicly the meaty stew of the ocean, making it a good hunger dish.
  • Pumpkin Cookies - This atrociously bad recipe... I increased healing to 30 and sanity to 25, along with spoilage time of 20 days, all while nerfing basic Pumpkin's hunger-value... and it's still kind of a mediocre dish.
  • Fishsticks - I just plain nerfed the healing from 40 to 20. This fooditem is too darn OP.
  • Pierogi - I didn't nerf these, as they are great, but only with the most efficient recipe (Monster Meat, Egg, Red Mushroom and Ice).

Other noteworthy mentions:

Nerfs:

  • Meatballs - I nerfed hunger to 37,5 (from humongous 62,5) but increased healing to 8 (from 3). This food is just too darn OP. Even with this nerf, a Monster Meat + 3 Ice is still highly efficient.
  • Dragonpie - Now also needs 1 egg. Still a super-good recipe though.
  • Wobster Bisque - Nerfed healing from 60 to 40. One of the few dishes (aside from Fishsticks) that are too strong.
  • Toma Root - Nerfed its cooked version to 8 healing (from 20), considering it's a common farm food.
  • Potatoes - Nerfed its ridiculous cooked version to 3 healing (from 20) and hunger to 18,75 (from 25). It's a common farm food, but it has stats like a rare one...

Buffs:

  • Asparagus Soup - Buffed healing to 30 (from 20) and hunger to 37,5 (from 25), so it's not a waste of space.
  • California Roll - I completely rearranged it: 10/62,5/20 health/hunger/sanity - and it's still not that great actually (What's with the fish-dishes being so bad btw?)
  • Spicy Chili - Hunger increased to 62,5 (from 37,5). I'd also like to see a recipe change (like 1 Meat, 1 Pepper, 1 Veggie, instead of 1,5 Meat + 1,5 Veggies, but that's a different discussion).
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Azamagon said:

I applaud the effort, but most of these are not enough, sadly. I've done a massive excel-document, with calculations of what the various gains per food-items are (usually calculated from the most efficient recipes, but also comparisons with less efficient ones), and here are most of the changes I'd suggest (along with some entirely new ideas, but those are not important):

EDIT: In case you don't wanna read my thread, I'll respond to your suggestions:

  • Ceviche - From Wilson's quote it seems this dish is rather meager for hunger, so I'd not buff it's hunger. Rather, I increased Sanity to 33 (from 5), and reduce the fish-value needed from 2 to 1. Then it becomes a noteworthy Sanity-dish.
  • Fish Tacos - I changed the stats heavily, to 12/50/10 health/hunger/sanity (from 20/37,5/5), along with nerfing basic Corn's hunger. This way, it's a highly efficient hunger-item, but that's just my interpretation of it (going the health-route would be fine too, but I feel there's too many health-heavy fish-dishes already)
  • Fruit Medley - I gave it health/hunger/sanity of 30/37,5/33 (from 20/25/5) and it honestly still kinda bad (unless sacrificing the hunger from Durians, or using Cave Bananas).
  • Unagi - I gave it 37,5 hunger and 15 sanity (from 18,75 and 5), but I also buffed Eel by default to be a tad more filling (due to changes I had for Seafood Gumbo)
  • Stuffed Eggplant - I raised its hunger instead, to 50 (from 37,5), along with nerfing Braised Eggplant's healing. They still fulfill different niches (Stuffed for hunger, Braised for healing).
  • Seafood Gumbo - I went even further and changed it up heavily: 30/120/5 healing/hunger/sanity (from 40/37,5/20), but also changed it to allow meatvalue to be equal to fishvalue (while Surf 'n' Turf now NEEDS to have higher meat-value than fishvalue, as is implied). Then it's basicly the meaty stew of the ocean, making it a good hunger dish.
  • Pumpkin Cookies - This atrociously bad recipe... I increased healing to 30 and sanity to 25, along with spoilage time of 20 days, all while nerfing basic Pumpkin's hunger-value... and it's still kind of a mediocre dish.
  • Fishsticks - I just plain nerfed the healing from 40 to 20. This fooditem is too darn OP.
  • Pierogi - I didn't nerf these, as they are great, but only with the most efficient recipe (Monster Meat, Egg, Red Mushroom and Ice).

Other noteworthy mentions:

Nerfs:

  • Meatballs - I nerfed hunger to 37,5 (from humongous 62,5) but increased healing to 8 (from 3). This food is just too darn OP. Even with this nerf, a Monster Meat + 3 Ice is still highly efficient.
  • Dragonpie - Now also needs 1 egg. Still a super-good recipe though.
  • Wobster Bisque - Nerfed healing from 60 to 40. One of the few dishes (aside from Fishsticks) that are too strong.
  • Toma Root - Nerfed its cooked version to 8 healing (from 20), considering it's a common farm food.
  • Potatoes - Nerfed its ridiculous cooked version to 3 healing (from 20) and hunger to 18,75 (from 25). It's a common farm food, but it has stats like a rare one...

Buffs:

  • Asparagus Soup - Buffed healing to 30 (from 20) and hunger to 37,5 (from 25), so it's not a waste of space.
  • California Roll - I completely rearranged it: 10/62,5/20 health/hunger/sanity - and it's still not that great actually (What's with the fish-dishes being so bad btw?)
  • Spicy Chili - Hunger increased to 62,5 (from 37,5). I'd also like to see a recipe change (like 1 Meat, 1 Pepper, 1 Veggie, instead of 1,5 Meat + 1,5 Veggies, but that's a different discussion).

dude, for meatball, there are already  4*12.5=50 hunger and 3 health from 3xRoasted Berries+Cooked Morsel. I think all the recipes should be slightly better then its Ingredients

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, DARTH said:

dude, for meatball, there are already  4*12.5=50 hunger and 3 health from 3xRoasted Berries+Cooked Morsel. I think all the recipes should be slightly better then its Ingredients

Meatball should have the same status as Ratatouille and Fist Full of Jam, imo - meaning a dish that requires good knowledge to make them worthwhile.

Using any meat (like Morsel or Monster Meat) with 3 Ice = Highly efficient Meatballs (even with my nerf - now imagine how hilariously OP it is in the game right now...).

Using any fruit (like Berries) with 3 Ice = Highly efficient Fist Full of Jam.

Using any veggie (even a Red Mushroom) with 3 Ice = Highly efficient Ratatouille.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2021 at 1:46 AM, Azamagon said:

Meatball should have the same status as Ratatouille and Fist Full of Jam, imo - meaning a dish that requires good knowledge to make them worthwhile.

Using any meat (like Morsel or Monster Meat) with 3 Ice = Highly efficient Meatballs (even with my nerf - now imagine how hilariously OP it is in the game right now...).

Using any fruit (like Berries) with 3 Ice = Highly efficient Fist Full of Jam.

Using any veggie (even a Red Mushroom) with 3 Ice = Highly efficient Ratatouille.

this is why i have a new idea about food 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites