Bit of a rework for rocket interiors

I have been wondering if this idea has been thought about before, and so far surprised it has never been been put forward to my knowledge. It gets a bit finicky when you have to look at rocket interiors the way you do when they are on a planetoid as you move between overseeing the planetoid and the interior of a rocket to get stuff inside and out of it, so why not simply the method when a rocket has landed a bit more so you only have to move back and forth when a rocket is off asteroid and in space.

This system would also mean players could deconstruct and reconstruct walls and parts of interior modules, so the interior modules could act more like multiple building blueprints placed at once. Additionally it would avoid creating steel and diamond out of nothing. You could adjust the interior blueprint wall segments as you want before placing, so if you don't have glass or diamond, you could just make the entire wall out of some refined metal. This way making a rocket is more intuitive and fun, and building out of bounds wouldn't be that big of a problem to worry about when all the exterior would still need space when a rocket lands, so no more "bigger on the inside" cheese strategies. Just a basic example, but this here is an example what I had in mind. You could have two rocket sizes, doesn't necessarily have to be these dimensions.

rocketSetupDLCn2.thumb.png.4dee8e22d6e86b5e84bd384a0abd55ab.png

rocketSetupDLCn1.thumb.png.2ecc958c72f040d5c04eecde989a8a78.png

Archived