Is there a simple way to preserve prefab tags between server resets?

Whenever a server resets, tags I added to distinguish certain objects built using the mod from otherwise-identical naturally-spawning equivalents are removed. I know I can probably just iterate through every single entity with that tag and save the exact position in a file, then load said positions upon server restart and tag any entity within a very, very small radius of said positions. However, that's complicated, so I was wondering if there's a simple, easy way to permanently tag a prefab so that it stays tagged even after the server restarts?

1 hour ago, Argonwolf said:

so I was wondering if there's a simple, easy way to permanently tag a prefab so that it stays tagged even after the server restarts?

Nope.

You'd have to do it through saving and loading.

Edited by penguin0616
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, penguin0616 said:

Nope.

You'd have to do it through saving and loading.

Actually i think I'll leave this here for posterity, because I found another way to do it.

Since virtually every naturally-spawned object in the game always exists at a y-coordinate of 0, I can identify mod objects by encoding their "tags" in their y-coordinate values. Whenever the mod spawns an object, it places it at an infinitesimally higher y coordinate than most (I eventually settled on 0.008 after encountering some strange aberrations in the saving/loading of objects' y-coordinate). Not enough to even visually register, but enough to detect in code. Using that I can easily "mark" objects as mod-spawned by their altitude! Thought I'd post this solution on the off chance that anybody else has a similar problem.

Edited by Argonwolf