Question about DLC/World Linking

Hey guys! :)
I cannot find any answers for this: What is exactly the point in linking worlds/DLCs with Sky-,Seaworthy?
Are there any cons to not link the Worlds/Dlcs together ? So could i play every DLC separately without any downside?

Is used only if you want to explorex with the same character and save data, the different dlcs

There is no need for this. You can play an only reing of giants save data, or only SW or only hamlet

But if, at some point, you are playing, for example hamlet, and want to beat that dlc with your hamlet character and his items you can jump to it. You can place estructure from a dlc into another dlc or bring materials and items

For example you can play hamlet and jump into reing of giants to farm gold and thulecite stuff. When you are there you can make defense towers, lamps, make a pen for SW dodos etc that isnt avaraible in reing of giants because you dont forget the recipes. Or make bunny and regular pig houses in hamlet. There is a lot of possibilities

But you, as i said, can simply play a dlc purely, without jumping (also i think is more fun to learn every dlc in this way) and, in a future have fun mixing them making the adventure of that save data last for so long

Archived