Oxydized metal volcanoes

Metal ores are not renewable. But they are needed for the whole game and even more in the dlc with the ore eating slug. What if there was a volcano that produced oxydized liquid metal - a liquid that solidifies about 100 C below the metal melting point into the ore of said metal.

It would give us renewable ore with the same challenge of cooling it as regular metal volcanoes need. Would be a source of so needed ore or could be used in some sort of design that lets it solidify and then heats back to insta refine it if someone needs that.

My suggestion is to either add a solid Geyser/Vent equivalent or to add some kind of "Rusty Water" from which Rust can be extracted. The Rusty Water Geyser would also allow for a totally new long term oxygen system using Salt & Rust instead of Hydrolysis.

We could use a rust source, that`s true. I feel like the rusty biomes are unfinished (they host squeaky pufts but don`t show them in their description) i feel like a critter producing rust and/or chlorine could reside there. But i like the rusty water idea too. Maybe it could spew some sort of rusty sludge refined into rust and water via the sludge press.

Archived