Invalid token error no matter what I try to do about it.

Since it says invalid token, it seems like it found the token file already, but it's invalid. Make sure you copy the token file entirely, instead of it's contents. (Sometimes there are invisible symbols that don't properly get copied when you copy the content instead of the entire file.)

2 minutes ago, Daniel86268 said:

Since it says invalid token, it seems like it found the token file already, but it's invalid. Make sure you copy the token file entirely, instead of it's contents. (Sometimes there are invisible symbols that don't properly get copied when you copy the content instead of the entire file.)

I copied the file. Straigh up transfered it to my server using WinSCP. I tried with both a newly generated ID from the website and the one generated using the ingame console.

2 hours ago, Daniel86268 said:

Then double check that it's in the correct location:

~/.klei/<your save folder>/<your cluster folder>/cluster_token.txt

I quadruple checked the correct locations and they do match. Unless the problem is changing the location shown in the dedicated server setup tutorial.

I changed the server files location, instead of ~/.klei/ I have the server set in another folder. Is that a problem? If it is why must it be strictly in that folder? What's the logic behind it.

I also edited the path within the shell script to the ones that I have set but it still doesn't work. If the problem was with the file paths then the script would have returned errors even before the server itself has started.

Edit: Tried running it on windows, changed paths there as well and it seems to be running juyst fine without the token error. So this seems to be a problem from the script itself.

Archived