Made own asteroid... would like to share

I made an asteroid of my own, with no programming knowledge... copied files and edited them to make worlds of my own design. Would love to share what I've done but with no programming knowledge or how to compile the new stuff, just stuck. If allowed, I can send the extra files I worked on so someone can have a look.

Also, in the names of the worlds, I set up new strings in the string templates, but I can't seem to get that working (for the name of the asteroids).

Help on either would be awesome. Thanks guys :)

I'll post it this way.. if this is not allowed please remove. Or if someone can fix the name issues/set it up as an mod I can upload to steam.. that'd be great!

These asteroids are designed to be super easy, and come in various sizes.
The starting biome is mostly the sandstone biome to get you going, modified to have reeds, arbor trees, pips, and metal to get you fired up. Beyond the granite is everything you need for survival, coal, clay, algae, basic metals, important rock types. Geysers can still not spawn at this point. This also still comes with food. You should be able to get up to 12 dupes easily while setting up your hatch farms. Because of no polluted water from swamp biomes, the water pockets at the start are quite a bit bigger. You will most likely have to dodge around them a lot at first... I recommend heading to the bottom of the first ring and setting up a tank there, then expanding out.

Beyond the first ring, the 2nd ring has refined metal, iron ore, important rock types, rare minerals. I did not add anything that needs extra refinement, or needs to be manufactured (steel, plastic) or anything space related. If you do want that stuff for super easy street, I'm sure I can set that up for you.

Because there is no guaranteed geysers unlike the normal maps, I bumped up the geyser count to compensate. Magma is a thing of the past, and everything is nice and room temp. Still has ATEM and Oil Wells. Little bit of RNG to get a volcano for petro boiling but with extra geyser count, should be fine. Geysers are 16/24/36/60. You will have more materials than you could ever use, even on the smallest maps. All seed types can spawn on the outside ring, including grain wheat, so food should still not be an issue if not fully set up yet. 

The map sizes are 256x384, 384x384, 512x512, and 836x836. If doing the biggest 2, I highly recommend a beast computer, or only mining out the areas you want to work on. I recommend the 384x384 size for lots of room, decent performance, and enough geysers to get rid of some RNG for stuff you actually need.

Anything edited has it's own file. It does draw off of some things, like the space biome, and noise and area categories for easy area layouts. 

Unzip this file in your data folder. As with anything, back things up just in case. 

V1.2 :

- Changed starting biome and inner ring to have same resources. Never use Oxygen generators again with massive piles of oxylite in beginning ring. Having switched to the "Jungle" noise biome in the starting area, the oxygen pockets are differently shaped and smaller, so less arbors and pips. Should still be lots to get a farm started.

- Slightly reduced oil pockets. Added oil was a tad... extreme. Still will burst and overflow, but not flood the map.

- MOAR WATER. Starting out can be tough planning. Get that well dug!

- Does not have everything, found that a lot of spoilage was going on, specially with the beans. If you want certain things added, give me a shout.

Any tips or suggestions are most welcome. Thanks :)

Smurfs Easy Asteroids v1.2.rar

my suggestion would be to add a cluster to send the player trough some of the dlc maps or trough some of yours... i made mine works fine im only just messing with the code to have teleporter sender and receiver doubled so i could go to another planet or juste go to the other side of mine.i saw your yaml a bit why the density are at 999999 values ??

Sorry to tell it this way but this is wayyyyy undone.....worldgen coordinates,names,strings,like there so much stuff in there you just decided to write your own lines it will never work with these non-existing lines of the existing program..i suggest you to study the variables that changes between different .yaml and where they changes trough the existing maps and then if you are ready i could point you some places where you could change some of the ingredients in the code of the game,....but the whole recipe is not easy to build  ..strings..like name : descriptions :coordinate prefix ...and some others aswell. 

im sure you spent alot of time on that, IF you want to go deeper like  how to go found the missing parts in the code .string.names...or coordinates  i may be able to  point some directions but for the rest....i suggest you read alot of .yaml and compare differences to begin with.

have a nice cycle :D

map du forum.bmp

Archived