Pitch Bending, is it Possible?

Is there some way I can change the pitch of sounds being played, and sounds that will start playing, until I specify for it to stop? I want to do this globally on a server, but I don't think it's possible, though I very well could be missing some important component, or something with SoundEmitter that I missed.

I don't think its possible to do this globally and definitely not with vanilla sounds, as not even insanity seems to affect sounds.
However
Technically you can mess with pitch for individual mod sounds using:

SoundEmitter:PlaySoundWithParams(soundpath_string, param_table)

However this would only work if the sound in question has a param setup for it. This is all fine for custom mod sounds, but I don't think any of the vanilla stuff is prepped for this except for a handful of woby sounds that use params but not for pitch.

I have dabbled a bit in fmod with this feature and even tested it in game and this method does work.

Edited by IronHunter
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, IronHunter said:

I don't think its possible to do this globally and definitely not with vanilla sounds, as not even insanity seems to affect sounds.
However
Technically you can mess with pitch for individual mod sounds using:

SoundEmitter:PlaySoundWithParams(soundpath_string, param_table)

However this would only work if the sound in question has a param setup for it. This is all fine for custom mod sounds, but I don't think any of the vanilla stuff is prepped for this except for a handful of woby sounds that use params but not for pitch.

I have dabbled a bit in fmod with this feature and even tested it in game and this method does work.

Well this is actually really interesting, even if I can't do what I wanted to do, this is a really good tool I could use in the future. I'm assuming the params would be the same as they show up in FMOD correct?

5 hours ago, TheSkylarr said:

Well this is actually really interesting, even if I can't do what I wanted to do, this is a really good tool I could use in the future. I'm assuming the params would be the same as they show up in FMOD correct?

You need to make a multitracked event and the name of the parameter in fmod is the same name you'll use in dst
I can explain more as needed, as there is documentation in fmod about it.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 8:44 AM, IronHunter said:

You need to make a multitracked event and the name of the parameter in fmod is the same name you'll use in dst
I can explain more as needed, as there is documentation in fmod about it.

hello, is the feature of adding params available in FMOD Designer? i tried to create params in FMOD Studio but export as .bank file not .fsb. It seems only using FMOD Designer i can export as FSB file

41 minutes ago, Littlefat1213 said:

hello, is the feature of adding params available in FMOD Designer? i tried to create params in FMOD Studio but export as .bank file not .fsb. It seems only using FMOD Designer i can export as FSB file

i finally found it , it's kind of different with the FMOD Studio, it's the small gray region over the first layer.

image.thumb.png.a9c8fa913ec3d9c4f7f54e27cbdc6e34.png