An Option for Mods to Add Custom Fonts

I've been doing kind of reverse engineering for modding. There I wanted to add some custom Korean fonts for Wormwood, then I found the method defined as AddFontAssets. I really wanted to use this method for custom font, but Lua didn't allow me, it just give global - nil value error. Is there any way to apply any custom fonts for DST? If not, I want such feature for modders.

• Developer
3 hours ago, AFS Co. said:

I've been doing kind of reverse engineering for modding. There I wanted to add some custom Korean fonts for Wormwood, then I found the method defined as AddFontAssets. I really wanted to use this method for custom font, but Lua didn't allow me, it just give global - nil value error. Is there any way to apply any custom fonts for DST? If not, I want such feature for modders.

taking a look, fonthelper.lua isn't even loaded... however all you should need to do is add

Asset( "FONT", fontpath)

to your mods asset table.

16 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

taking a look, fonthelper.lua isn't even loaded... however all you should need to do is add

Asset( "FONT", fontpath)

to your mods asset table.

I did it, and it seems working. But I have another question. Is there some method to set a fallback for those font?

Addition: I just tried to table.insert method into FONTS table, and it seems work very well. Now I just need a way to set the fallback font for it.

20201224191224_1.jpg

Archived