Automated Cargo Rocket

I have been fiddling around with a system in my survival alpha world for a while and I think i have came up with a few bits of automation that allows for a seemingly entirely automated rocket for 1 cargo bay...

OxygenNotIncluded_kQeD5G5CyV.png.16c6b7458f439a5619daab57e4296a83.png

Here is "Point B", where the deliveries of frost buns are sent to, and where the rocket resides most of the time...Whats supposed to happen, is that when the rightmost fridge detects that it isnt full, the system sends a signal to get a dupe into the rocket and blast off  to "Point A".

OxygenNotIncluded_HwmzYWjiWR.thumb.png.58720bb7356559688d559a9cef36474e.pngOxygenNotIncluded_9FxS1Z8sVj.png.671ad9080cf097afc9b9677f660900d2.png 

Point A.. Whats supposed to happen here is that when the rocket lands, duplicants load up the fridge with frost buns, which are then taken by the sweeper to the loader, which subsequently both loads the buns into the rocket, and tips off the automation to begin a countdown for launch....

Does anyone see any problems with this design? I think its been working out fine so far, my forest asteroid dupes haven't had to worry at all about food production and focus solely on industriousness as a result...

I liked your design but modified it a bit.

Here's my design:
image.thumb.png.9b79ee356ebc267df53dd1a109a958dc.png

The key is I restrict the gas flow to fill up the rocket to once every other day on a cycle.  The cycle count restarts when the rocket leaves.  The dupe will only be requested to the rocket once the rocket is filled up and ready to go.  Otherwise the dupe just sits in the rocket till the launch has been initiated.

On the flip side the fill up is set via a an atmo sensor and a filter gate to load the rocket since I don't want him hanging at the destination for long.

It would be really nice if the rocket automation took a ribbon and had more complex values in there for requesting a dupe / launching and signaling when some of the checklist is ready.

Archived