DLC - Early Game Critter Wrangling

With the importance of early game critters in the DLC, it would be nice to be allow any dupe to wrangle critters (but not tame) without ranching skill.

This would let us use sweetles and grub grubs in our early game farms without having to rush someone to ranching.

2 hours ago, JaxckLl said:

I disagree. Mining also requires a two skill point investment before it's "feature complete" for the Swampy Asteroid, there's no reason the essential & extremely useful Ranching cannot also be the same.

I'm talking about the earlier part of the game when only hard mining is required to access the surrounding biomes (and the critters) of the map. The abyssalite layers are broken around the starting biome, so superhard digging is not at all required at this point.

Just to make sure its clear, my suggestion is not to change the ranching part (the taming), but to allow wild critters to be moved around earlier.

I wish we could build basic critter traps out of common resources rather than plastic. Like rabbit traps in DS. They would still require research but you could move critters without having a rancher. This would be extra useful for expanding to different asteroids. You wouldn`t have to send a rancher to each.

^ I agree with that. Flying critters should be wranglable without a trap when wild, same way they are from a stable. Move trap to Agriculture 2, make it buildable with Refined Metal instead of Plastic. Put "Can wrangle wild flyers" on Ranching II.

Archived