Cryosleep, Base Hibernation, and Hot Pockets.

I hate watching my dups die because I'm not smart enough to survive over 800 cycles, If only I could put a dozen or two in cryosleep chambers. Then I'd put the base into hibernation with a skeleton crew fixing critical issues while I gamble for some more help from the geyser gods.

Meanwhile, Mi-Ma can throw some hot-pockets in the super-duper microwave of hell and heat them up to infinity before blasting them off into Not-My-Space to get rid of heat. -Because we all know Hot-Pockets hold an infinite amount of heat and thus serve as the perfect indestructible tank in which we can store heat.

And obviously in order to get a cryochamber cold enough for stasis, that hellish heat has to go somewhere.

Your own fault for printing two dozen dupes and being unable to support that many.

Also, cooling things down to close to absolute zero doesn't give much heat; you do that for liquid hydrogen anyways.

Technically these already exist; command capsules make the dupe inside not require anything.

Archived