A new friend for wormwood using farming?

I feel the one thing Wormwood was intended to be was the Plant Archetype character, but it seems Klei wants him to be a farmer character, when i feel he should feed into both roles in a way that encourages learning a playstyle that's closer to Webber, Wilbur, Wilba, or Wurt

These characters are all creatures that go alongside their species, and in singleplayer Hamlet, Wormwood has an incredibly common and useful friend to utilize, Snaptooths, but in Don't Starve Together, there is no plant creature that is as common for wormwood to utilize directly.

I feel that maybe Wormwood can use his expertize in farming to grow a type of friend, somewhat like hatching a tallbird egg maybe, but with more steps.

I don't have many ideas aside from maybe a friend that gets better in spring where they bloom alongside Wormwood, and can't heal with foods possibly?

I'm not sure where my favorite character is gonna end up with this update, but he really needs a unique buff that will keep him special aside from just his Bramble Items and lureplants.

8 minutes ago, WikiTheKid said:

I'm not sure where my favorite character is gonna end up with this update, but he really needs a unique buff that will keep him special aside from just his Bramble Items and lureplants.

Definitely!

Im not sure though if id want Wormwood to turn into another mob character but he could definitely use something to fill the hole that Snaptooths (snapteeth?) left when he came to DST. Saying that, i think id prefer it if these type of mobs were out in the world and not necessarily directly grown by Wormwood himself, he could still propagate them though like you can Snaptooths in Hamlet. 

Not giving Wormwood any kind of interaction at all with the Mush Gnome definitely was a big missed opportunity in my opinion.. 

3 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Not giving Wormwood any kind of interaction at all with the Mush Gnome definitely was a big missed opportunity in my opinion.. 

The mushroom gnomes could have been a real cool opportunity, but instead they became another source of living logs, indirectly hurting wormwood before this update.

12 minutes ago, WikiTheKid said:

The mushroom gnomes could have been a real cool opportunity, but instead they became another source of living logs, indirectly hurting wormwood before this update.

exactly. A brand new mob whos only purpose is to be farmed for living logs, why?! Respawns super fast, is neutral to everyone and is very easy to kill on top of everything... :wilson_cry:

Archived