A new 10kg/s sour gas boiler design.

Hello everyone.  First time posting a topic but what I'm sitting on is too good not to share.  The original credit goes to Tartarus, which you can see the original design here...

...for something a little more compact than my small modification of it.  I suggested to him in his sour gas boilers with more science video that there are few 10kg/s designs out there, and he took that as a challenge!  A couple days later he posted the above video.  My version has a 13 step heat exchange and has a 1 tile wider condensation plate and area, allowing a greater distribution of chill and lower temps when the sour gas reaches the condensation chamber by 40 degrees celcius, increasing efficiency at the cost of area.

Sensors are set to -179 for the tepidizer, 725C for the door sensors inside the aquatuner steam room.  The pipe thermo sensors are set for -181C, the leftmost temp sensor is set to 600, the bottom temp sensor is set to 650, and the flashing chamber sensor is set to 550.  The liquid sensor in the sour gas chamber is set for green under 25kg.  The one in the methane buffer pool is set for 200kg.  One of the two atmo sensors are connected to the main oil shutoff circuit through an and gate and is set for green under 20kg.  The one on the right is set to green over 18kg and tells the generators to turn on and start burning gas if the battery bank says it has enough power (90/75).  Which brings us to the atmo sensor is connected to a 10s buffer gate to allow the generators to not continuously shut on and off, which is then run into an or gate which one of the ports is connected to a battery bank set to 90/75 and then into the generators themselves.

Everything is either thermium ((radiant piping near conensation chamber, all metal tiles and temshift plates (which is where most of your thermium will be going except for the ones going into the steam turbine chamber, those are gold and diamond)), all doors are steel.  You'll need about 30 tons of thermium, plus all the mafic rock and ceramic, and a small amount of granite for the regular piping.

It's one of the most compact 10 kilo boilers I've seen.  And it's super stable.  I use 70 generators (7 rows of ten) with the valve set to 9.225kg/s and the generators have 99% uptime generating rougly 54kW of power.  Pictures of my tweaks to his design are below.

Hope this helps someone!

tartarussgplumb.png

tartarussourgasauto.png

tartarussggas.png

tartarussourgas.png

Archived